Vice President, Sales & Marketing – Camex Equipment Sales & Rental Inc.
Camex Equipment Sales and Rental Inc. (“Camex”) has served customers throughout Alberta, North America and beyond for over 25 years. They deliver the right vehicles and equipment faster, offer innovative purchase and rental options, and provide financial flexibility their customers need. They specialize in the oil and gas, mining, pipeline, construction, infrastructure and environmental sectors. They keep extensive industry-specific equipment in stock, and they are equipped to custom build trucks and trailers for unique and demanding applications.
Camex’ mission is simple: They are the first-choice supplier of specialized transportation trucks and trailers, from a single vehicle to an entire fleet – for purchase, lease, rent or rent-to-own.
- 37 acres of land housing extensive inventory yards and vehicle modification facilities;
- 1,200 in stock, new, used and refurbished trucks, trailers and related support equipment;
- Can source nearly any type of equipment for rapid delivery;
- 60 plus employees and growing;
- 14 full service bays – repairs and certifications;
- Stocked parts counter; and
- Manufacturing, paint and blast, wash and detail services.
For more information on Camex, please visit: www.camex.com
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES AND MARKETING
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Sales and marketing departments including territory managers, sales administration, finance, rental, and inventory management
Location: Edmonton, AB
Based in Nisku, Alberta and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Camex, the Vice President, Sales and Marketing will have a strong orientation around safety and leadership. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for the sales and marketing operations and will ambitiously lead the sustainable growth and profitably of the organization while continuing to professionalize the sales and marketing function within Camex.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and maintain a diversified sales and marketing strategy that profitably delivers on the annual business plan (“ABP”) within inventory performance objectives:
- New business development in line with a five-year strategic plan, including but not limited to: new products and services; new markets, suppliers, and channels; and
- Grow Camex’ sales, including finished goods and parts by identifying opportunities, and developing supplier relationships.
- Develop annual sales forecast by product and territory and track throughout the year; and
- Develop sales and marketing budget, and monitor the spend against budget at the beginning of each month; understand variances in order to take corrective actions.
- Manage the sales team:
- sign off sales, change orders, purchase orders, and commissions;
- provide pricing guidance and regularly adjusting market based pricing in internal database to maximize revenue and profitability;
- hold weekly sales meetings, adjust sales coverage in line with opportunity, and travel in-territory with each rep once per quarter;
- maintain personal relationships with top account decision makers, suppliers and industry influencers;
- Provide for efficient administration of sales process: customer order to fulfillment, including timely and accurate billing and AR collections;
- Build out direct sales force, including but not limited to performance management, onboarding, and training, and being accountable for their professional development and operation as a high-performance team; and
- Maintain sales systems, including but not limited to commission programs and their tracking, tracking and reporting of sales revenues and profitability, and review the cost benefit of introducing a simple customer relationship management tool.
- Lead with safety to constantly increase safety awareness and eliminate “at risk” behavior;
- Working closely with team to execute strategy, provide leadership and direction to:
- Marketing – improve market awareness of solutions message, generate leads, and leverage technology and social media for the benefit of sales; support high functioning website with accurate database information and photographs; in financial Q4 develop detailed marketing plan including shows, advertising, e-business, sales lead generation processes, etc.;
- Rental – support rental growth strategy leading to higher rental fleet utilization and profitability, and more sales via rental channel;
- Inventory procurement – obtain the right new and used inventory at pricing that delivers on the ABP revenue, profitability and turns targets;
- Maintain strong and positive relationships with other areas of the business, in particular collaborating with service/manufacturing balance customer and sales department needs against the needs of the business, and promote “one Camex team”; and
- Manage talent with an eye to the future succession needs of the business.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Thorough understanding of the products and services offered by Camex;
- Implementation of an inclusive marketing plan that helps drives the business;
- Actively build and manage lists of potential customers through generating interest, leads, tracking interest, and qualifying leads prior to handing off to sales;
- Lead the development of plans, strategies, tactics, programs, campaigns, community sponsorships and other events designed to promote Camex;
- Ability to supervise and contribute to Camex’ strategic direction, tactics, and programs; and
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to build corporate relationships and grow the business.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Knowledge of the heavy vehicle or heavy equipment industries preferred; and
- Business-to-business experience preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in sales or marketing with 10 years at a senior management level;
- Prior experience in one of the following industries would be a significant asset: heavy equipment, heavy vehicle, or transportation (highway trucks and trailers);
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future trends and information affecting sales and marketing for Camex;
- Keen understanding of competition with experience executing strategy in the industry; and
- Existing business relationships in relevant market.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Leadership resulting in high employee engagement and a strong customer service ethic;
- Sales and Marketing strategy development and execution;
- Inventory procurement, asset management, and performance;
- Annual budgeting and forecasting development experience;
- Succession and talent management development experience; and
- High degree of safety consciousness.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ACWV-016217 Vice President, Sales & Marketing – Camex Equipment Sales & Rental Inc., AB – Edmonton and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.