Director Operations – Mayfair
A leader in the medical imaging industry, Mayfair is providing greater clarity and control to patients across Western Canada, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon. Owned and operated by a group of more than 46 practicing radiologists, we offer a broad suite of medical imaging services, including access private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations. We proudly serve more than 700,000 patients and provide more than 90,000 teleradiology interpretations each year.
A world in which every person has clarity about their health.
- We push the boundaries of what is possible
- We view everything we look at through the lens of someone new
- We learn from other industries and adapt it to ours
- We do not accept status quo
- We are not comfortable with what has been accepted in the past
- We are thought leaders in all that we do
- We encourage creativity by providing a safe place for risk taking and experimenting
- We learn from our mistakes
- We are nimble, agile, and try rapid prototyping to find solutions
- We share best practices across our operations
- We are recognized by our peers for our work
- We engage the best and the brightest to help propel us towards the end result
We will know when we have reached that place, as others will come to us and ask our advice on how we achieved it.
We improve people’s lives, one focused image and one caring compassionate human touch at a time.
The ability to see into the future of people’s health does not make us unique. Don’t be fooled into thinking we’re just in the radiology business – x-ray vision is not our real vision – that’s just what we do. Our calling, our why, is to make things better.
Better for patients who come to us at their most nervous and vulnerable. Better for referring doctors who are suffering too, from a lack of information and time. And better for the health conscious who are just as anxious for answers. To succeed, we need to take better care of them all, through outrageous levels of understanding, communication, and ambition.
They don’t judge us on the fundamentals of technology and clinical expertise, but on the experience they have with us. We can’t forget that we are humans helping other humans find truth. And that their experiences are our real business.
That’s why we focus so much time, energy, and innovation on places, processes, and programs that out them at ease. That’s why we are forward thinkers who continue to push boundaries, while staying focused in the now that they inhabit. And that’s why we can never let the tools of our trade define or override our humanity.
Our job lets us see the smallest details. Our difference is seeing the big picture with empathy and compassion.
EXCELLENCE- We share a commitment to high quality and excellence in all that we do. Commitment to excellence calls on all of us to achieve to the very best of our capabilities and exceed our own expectations every day.
CURIOSITY- We innovate in everything, from services to processes. WE believe that meaningful, productive change – solving problems – only comes by looking at challenges and opportunities from new angles and exercising our creativity and curiosity.
PASSION- We show pride, enthusiasm, and dedication in everything that we do. We are committed to producing and delivering high quality results and services. We are passionate about our industry and about our company, services, clients, and patients.
COLLABORATION- Our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another and cares for each other both personally and professionally. We promote and support a diverse, yet unified, team. We work together to meet our common goals. Our team is committed to working together across clinics and geographies. Only through collaboration on ideas, technologies, and talents can we achieve and sustain profitable growth.
SERVICE- We take pride in delivering exceptional service every day. We listen to every request with an open mind, and look for opportunities to go above and beyond to create memorable and personalized experiences. We take responsibility to answer our referrers’ and patients’ requests and respect their time by always responding with a sense of urgency.
For further information about Mayfair, please visit their website at https://www.radiology.ca/
Reports to: Chair of the Executive Committee
The Operations team supports the overall vision, mission, and core values of RCA Diagnostics. RCA Diagnostics vision is to lead the transformation of medical imaging in Canada. Our mission is to improve people’s lives one image at a time. RCA Diagnostics core values are: excellence, creativity, passion, and teamwork.MANDATE
The position assumes the responsibility and authority for the direction, evaluation, and coordination of the functions and activities of the clinics in the organization to ensure operation objectives and results are in accordance with RCA’s strategic plan. The Director, Operations ensures the consistent and effective execution of key systems and processes that make effective use of organizational resources.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and implements operational strategies in the context of overall organizational strategy.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the operations areas or facilities.
- Develops policies for clinic operational area, plans, directs and assists departmental staff in achieving operational results.
- Has overall accountability for operations and client satisfaction, as well as project performance, execution and profitability.
- Recommends, monitors, and reports on results against budgetary and performance measures.
- Advises on the introduction of new processes, equipment, and products to improve operational effectiveness.
- Establishes workplace climate and ensures unit is resourced to achieve objectives
- Working in conjunction with the VP, Human Resources to ensure adequate staffing level for all clinics
- Inform the Chair regarding business activities, performance, opportunities and recommended courses of action
- Review and approve the implementation of organizational plans from the Executive Committee
- Establish objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities
- Set guidelines for direct report evaluations, identify training needs, initiate development for advancement of direct reports and recommend effective personnel action
- Maintain appropriate communication with area of responsibility
- Consult with management responsible for policy or action while ensuring compliance within area of responsibility and make recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Travel to clinics within Calgary and Saskatchewan is required
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability to work within a horizontal team of departmental Directors.
- Demonstrate ability to delegate effectively and to establish accountability
- Lead supervisors to evaluate and take actions consistent with the company’s overall strategy
- Ability to build consensus and provide strong leadership in a team environment
- Performance management for all leads in the organization
- Anticipate internal and external client needs and meet expectations
- Manage different perspectives to achieve win-win solutions
- Develop and support operational goals for each clinic which are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long term goals of the company
- Implement new directives for growth based on the Strategic Plan
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program in business
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible work experience in health care administration, preferably in a large, complex health organization
- Strong knowledge of business principles, administration, organizational development, marketing and management of health care facilities
- Excellent operational skills with the ability to recognize workflow issues and redesign them while creating buy in on the new processes
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills, problem identification and resolution skills, decision making and negotiation skills
- Experienced initiating and managing change positively within an organization
- Strong effective leadership skills with the ability to manage a large team in different office locations
- Comfortable with the creating and implementation of strategic plans and business processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the successful ability to build effective relationships with radiologists, leadership, management, employees and clients
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
AGUH-464536 Director Operations – Mayfair, AB – Calgary and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.