Vice President, Finance – Mayfair
A leader in the medical imaging industry, Mayfair is providing greater clarity and control to patients across Western Canada, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon. Owned and operated by a group of more than 46 practicing radiologists, we offer a broad suite of medical imaging services, including access private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations. We proudly serve more than 700,000 patients and provide more than 90,000 teleradiology interpretations each year.
A world in which every person has clarity about their health.
- We push the boundaries of what is possible
- We view everything we look at through the lens of someone new
- We learn from other industries and adapt it to ours
- We do not accept status quo
- We are not comfortable with what has been accepted in the past
- We are thought leaders in all that we do
- We encourage creativity by providing a safe place for risk taking and experimenting
- We learn from our mistakes
- We are nimble, agile, and try rapid prototyping to find solutions
- We share best practices across our operations
- We are recognized by our peers for our work
- We engage the best and the brightest to help propel us towards the end result
We will know when we have reached that place, as others will come to us and ask our advice on how we achieved it.
We improve people’s lives, one focused image and one caring compassionate human touch at a time.
The ability to see into the future of people’s health does not make us unique. Don’t be fooled into thinking we’re just in the radiology business – x-ray vision is not our real vision – that’s just what we do. Our calling, our why, is to make things better.
Better for patients who come to us at their most nervous and vulnerable. Better for referring doctors who are suffering too, from a lack of information and time. And better for the health conscious who are just as anxious for answers. To succeed, we need to take better care of them all, through outrageous levels of understanding, communication, and ambition.
They don’t judge us on the fundamentals of technology and clinical expertise, but on the experience they have with us. We can’t forget that we are humans helping other humans find truth. And that their experiences are our real business.
That’s why we focus so much time, energy, and innovation on places, processes, and programs that out them at ease. That’s why we are forward thinkers who continue to push boundaries, while staying focused in the now that they inhabit. And that’s why we can never let the tools of our trade define or override our humanity.
Our job lets us see the smallest details. Our difference is seeing the big picture with empathy and compassion.
EXCELLENCE- We share a commitment to high quality and excellence in all that we do. Commitment to excellence calls on all of us to achieve to the very best of our capabilities and exceed our own expectations every day.
CURIOSITY- We innovate in everything, from services to processes. WE believe that meaningful, productive change – solving problems – only comes by looking at challenges and opportunities from new angles and exercising our creativity and curiosity.
PASSION- We show pride, enthusiasm, and dedication in everything that we do. We are committed to producing and delivering high quality results and services. We are passionate about our industry and about our company, services, clients, and patients.
COLLABORATION- Our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another and cares for each other both personally and professionally. We promote and support a diverse, yet unified, team. We work together to meet our common goals. Our team is committed to working together across clinics and geographies. Only through collaboration on ideas, technologies, and talents can we achieve and sustain profitable growth.
SERVICE- We take pride in delivering exceptional service every day. We listen to every request with an open mind, and look for opportunities to go above and beyond to create memorable and personalized experiences. We take responsibility to answer our referrers’ and patients’ requests and respect their time by always responding with a sense of urgency.
For further information about Mayfair, please visit their website at https://www.radiology.ca/
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE
Reports to: Executive Chair
Direct Reports: Controller and the Finance, Accounting, Billing and Payroll teams.
Location: Calgary – Travel to other clinics within Calgary and Saskatchewan is required, occasional travel outside Alberta as required
Reporting to the Executive Chair, the Vice President, Finance will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight, direction and control across a range of financial and corporate services, as well as participating with the executive management team in formulating corporate strategy and goals. The successful candidate will support development and realization of growth strategies, business performance and overall process improvement. The Vice President, Finance will be expected to have a strong voice at the leadership table, acting as a true partner to the business, providing solid financial guidance and accurate and comprehensive financial information to the Partners and executive team.
The Finance team supports the overall mission and goals of Mayfair – to provide the highest quality of diagnostic services to our clients, in partnership with hospitals and community practitioners. This is achieved through attracting and developing outstanding clinical and support staff, investing in state-of-the-art technology, and improving access by leveraging our digital network.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Chair, Executive Committee, Partners and leadership team to support the organization’s strategic business objectives and to promote revenue profitability and growth of the entity
- Function as a senior management team member, operating at both a strategic and operational level, responding to challenges and opportunities for growth and development
- Lead change management initiatives that enhance decision making, continue to ensure appropriate financial controls and improve efficiency of gathering, reporting and analyzing financial information within the organization
- Provide mentorship, coaching and leadership to the team, fostering a collaborative working environment, ensuring that the team is focused on achieving both strategic goals as well as short-term financial and operational results
- Conducts research and analysis to assist the corporation in anticipating and responding effectively to economic, business and financial conditions that may impact the organization’s policies and operations
- Provide meaningful, accurate and timely financials, financial analysis and interpretations of financial results and partnering with operations by providing insightful information and analysis to support corporate decision making
- Develop systems and processes that result in efficient, effective, consistent and seamless integration of financial and business information
- Design and implement policies and programs that represent best practices encompassing all aspects of the accounting and finance function
- Oversee the preparation of long-term financial plans, annual financial budgets, quarterly and monthly operating reports and financial statements
- Ensure compliance with all legal, taxation and regulatory requirements
- Administer lease compliance, payment and lease renewals, review and advise on lease and radiologist contracts
- Oversee statistics reports, submissions, remittances and third party billing
- Oversee the management of external auditors with regularly scheduled audits
- Oversee the management of fixed assets such as records new acquisitions, depreciation, dispositions, write offs and write downs, monthly depreciation reports, continuity schedules etc.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee and monitor accounting team functions including payables and receipts processing, monthly bank reconciliation, capital asset continuity schedules and variance to budget, balance sheet and expense reconciliations, coordinate department tasks and provide leadership to the accounting team
Strategic Growth / Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Participating in developing new business: working with the executive team in identifying new growth opportunities, capital allocations, capital investments, the drafting of new business (organic or acquisition) budgets and plans, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery
- Provide financial advice and drive the due diligence of any acquisitions or additional locations or related businesses, including accounting for newly acquired assets
- Integrating acquired and/or new entities into the business which include: systems, controls, processes and best practices
- Monitor market activity, analyze forecasts and industry trends and drive the pursuit of business
- Direct and develop financing requirements including monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and federal, provincial, state and other requirements.
- Oversee and maintain insurance requirements property, casualty, liability, director insurance
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all financial systems and controls will pass independent and governmental audits.
FIRST YEAR DELIBVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the Vice President’s ability to:
- Establish a high level of confidence throughout the organization and executive team regarding their knowledge of and contribution to the organization’s business model, strategy and growth objectives
- Be an active, valued voice at the executive table providing strategic advice and guidance to the business and its growth objectives
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and insightful analysis that ensures the organization has the tools necessary to assess performance
- Participate in the general management of the broader business, demonstrating a curiosity and desire to learn
- Identify opportunities for improvement in business processes and develop a plan to implement proposed changes by evaluating existing processes through consultation with the team and other key stakeholder input
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in business or related discipline
- Professional CPA designation
- 15+ years progressive experience in accounting; knowledge and experience will include familiarity with management accounting principles and practices in accordance to Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience supervising and leading a multidisciplinary accounting, finance and payroll team
- Experience providing financial analysis for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Proven ability to guide, positively influence and gain buy in of the team, executive and partners
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop financial analysis in an efficient and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external parties and lead with credibility, unquestioned integrity and trust while achieving results and fostering a positive team culture
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Collaborative approach, strong team leader and partner to the business
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ARFB-722421 Vice President, Finance – Mayfair, AB – Calgary and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.