Vice President, Finance – Family Office
This organization is a newly created Family Office designed for a private family. The family holdings include a range of business interests and is located in the Markham area.
The Office will act as trusted advisors to the family on all aspects of their financial affairs. The Office will provide unbiassed, objective and highly confidential advice to the family members on a wide range of financial matters. Services will be highly customized to the complex financial needs of the family.
As a founding member of the team & reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be responsible for all financial activities for a newly created family office. The successful candidate will have direct experience in all aspects of financial activities and internal control systems, including the design, review, implementation and monitoring of accounting and operations throughout the business. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy challenges.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and a strong interest in the details.
The ideal candidate will work directly on all aspects of the day-to-day interface between the office and individual family members for both financial and general activities. The candidate should be able to manage multiple priorities for multiple family members, and plan and accomplish goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Creates and oversees compliance with policies and procedures for financial management, treasury, fiduciary and investment related operations including administration, control and reporting.
- Develops cost-effective means to streamline reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and payroll for a multi-generation family office responsible for investment management, property management, family support, administrative, and other capacities.
- Provide financial analyses and advice, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations, recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Presents periodic financial reports to clients regarding personal financial matters, including cash planning and budget comparisons for individuals and entities, as well as all holdings on a consolidated basis.
- Produce financial statements and prepare tax returns for investment and other entities as well as providing advice on tax effective approaches to wealth management.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Coordinate reporting of monthly results of various businesses for presentation to family Board.
- Directs internal controls for management of cash and securities, including procedures for settlement, reconciliation and administration of investments and trusts in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads and directs the work of others, trains and develops staff, provides coaching and supervision.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update chart of accounts in GL for multiple entities, prepare journal entries as required.
- Maintains and monitors a calendar of due dates for accounting processes and financial reporting.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department and maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Perform monthly account analysis and reconciliation for multiple entities and individuals, prepare cash reports, bank deposits and wire transfers, prepare and update cash flow projections.
- Assists with annual insurance renewals for office and coordinates renewals for underlying businesses.
- Responsible for communication and implementation of wealth management plan, including creation of financial literacy education plans and quarterly training session for family members.
- Coordinates tax projections and compliance, coordinate the presentation of information to shareholders.
- Keeps abreast of general economic, business and financial conditions and impact on client’s situation.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, CPA designation, and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference given to candidates with experience working with ultra-high net worth families.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, general ledger and investment portfolio management software.
- Ability to work directly with the President and other C-level executives of the office and operating businesses.
- Must be process-driven with the ability to handle multiple priorities while interacting effectively with all levels of staff both within the department and within other departments of the organization.
- Knowledge of personal wealth and financial management, middle office and back office functions.
- Experience with treasury management and cash forecasting.
- An aptitude for creative problem-solving and analysis.
- Must be seen as instantly confident, competent and credible by clients.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, especially listening and building rapport.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet deadlines, performs other duties as and when required.
There is a competitive base salary and performance bonus offered.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
AKSF-143412 Vice President, Finance – Family Office, ON – Toronto and GTA (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.