Vice President, Commercial – Mammoet Canada Western Ltd.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
- Factory-to-foundation projects
- Plant turnaround logistics
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment as well as an impeccable safety record. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
For more information on Mammoet, please visit: www.mammoet.com.
The Vice President, Commercial is responsible for defining, monitoring and enhancing sales, tendering and marketing strategy and policies for the Canada Western region. These guidelines will align with, and support, local as well as global corporate expectations, safety targets, and initiatives in order to achieve maximal sales and margin results. The Vice President, Commercial will ambitiously lead the sustainable growth for the region while continuing to professionalize the sales function within Mammoet Canada Western Ltd (Mammoet).
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Formulate, implement, and monitor a fitting overall strategy for the region, in line with corporate guidelines and the defined yearly budget;
- Contribute and implement corporate branding, marketing, and communications into regional policy and plans;
- Analyze regional areas of sales, the market, and Mammoet competitors to achieve higher understanding of the competitive landscape as well as opportunity for greater market share and diversification;
- Implement change management strategy to stay ahead of market changes;
- Develop and utilize strong inter-region collaboration strategy to secure work; and
- Work with the executive team to align commercial, financial and operational goals to reach regional targets.
- Organize, mentor, lead and develop the regional sales, tendering and estimating, marketing and communications, and contracts staff to achieve ‘best in class’ commercial team using motivational and accountability techniques;
- Develop strong awareness of tendering and estimating process, increasing successful conversion rate;
- Mitigate organizational risks utilizing proven commercial track record as well as up to date analysis;
- Create strong communication strategy within the Commercial Department, building strong internal and external relationships; and
- Bridge internal communication gaps between Commercial and Operations departments building a collaborative environment.
- Coach and mentor the sales team on driving strategy and utilizing data based analytics to secure work;
- Improve, develop and implement proven sales and estimating strategy and techniques;
- Set appropriate targets for the success of the division with focus on growth and diversification of clients and service offerings;
- Define and implement a sales strategy, plan, and targets in line with the regional strategy and corporate guidelines;
- Ensure that the organization is equipped to realize commercial objectives and targets; and
- Ability to motivate and drive an operationally focused sales team.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Continue to develop and implement a professionalized commercial function within Mammoet;
- Manage and consistently build a healthy pipeline of sales, estimates and business activity for Mammoet;
- Monitor and build sales revenue through service diversification;
- Evolve and build strong sales and tendering teams with high performing, accountable individuals; and
- Build strong interdepartmental communication.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical discipline; and
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Existing business relationships in relevant market;
- Advanced understanding of contract management and project management;
- Proven ability to project manage with exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record of leading commercial growth in challenging market conditions;
- Previous change management success;
- 15+ years leading, mentoring and building successful commercial teams;
- Previous Board of Management position or experience;
- Exposure to US market would be considered an asset; and
- Aboriginal partnership building experience would be considered an asset
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking;
- Change management;
- Persuading and influencing;
- Personable leader with mentoring;
- Action and results driven; and
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ALDN-515274 Vice President, Commercial – Mammoet Canada Western Ltd., AB – Edmonton and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.