Regional Director, British Columbia- Keurig Canada
Keurig Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. The company is headquartered in Montreal, from where it operates a significant manufacturing plant and distribution center. Revenues are in the $800 million range, and the company employs some 1,450 people in locations across Canada.
Van Houtte Coffee Services (VHCS) is a standalone Business Unit offering office coffee service on a national scale. The division has revenues of approximately $170 million per year, and some 630 employees. This is a complex business operating on a national basis, with a network of 33 branches coast to coast, 50,000 clients, and some 14,000 SKUs. The main distribution channels are comprised of Office (40%), Institutional (15%), Food Service (15%), and Retail/C-Stores (15%). Van Houtte Coffee Services is the only dedicated coffee service company operating on a national scale. The organization has grown through the acquisition of independent coffee distributors from coast-to-coast, and differentiates itself by providing unique “coffee solutions “, outstanding customer service, as well as a superior and wide ranging product offering. While this is a B2B business model, the company nevertheless has a strong consumer focus and nationally branded products.
The division has recently undertaken a reengineering of its current business model. All facets of Operations, Supply Chain and Sales channels are currently being assessed and more clearly defined. The objective is to ultimately craft the strategy that will propel the organization to a higher level of growth and profitability.
The British Columbia Region represents a significant portion of the company’s topline revenue as well as bottom line profit. The Region is comprised of 5 branches with a total of 90 employees and revenues of close to $30 Million. The Region operates as a full profit centre with responsibility over all facets of Sales and Business Development, as well as Operations and all aspects of Financial Performance. Over the last several months, the organization has refocused its strategy on growth, and has a clear objective of doubling top line revenues within the next five years. This has created the need to recruit a highly qualified leader to spearhead the achievement of the British Columbia’s Region growth objectives, as well as drive a change in culture and lead an optimization project on a significant scale.
The Regional Director, British Columbia will report directly to the General Manager of the Van Houtte Coffee Services Division. This individual will be an integral part of the National Leadership Team, which is comprised of four other Regional Directors operating on a national scale. In addition to this, the Regional Director will liaise with the Directors of several other corporate functions reporting directly to the General Manager, including Commercial Strategy & Business Development, Supply Chain, National Sales, as well as Operational Excellence.
The Regional Director will have direct responsibility over a total staff of 90 people up through 5 Managers, who in turn manage their own profit centre and oversee various facets of operations including warehousing, delivery and technical services. The Van Houtte Coffee Service Division is a matrix organization, and will require close collaboration and teamwork with the afore-mentioned corporate functions.
One of the key challenges associated with this position will be the need for the successful candidate to participate in and drive significant change as a result of a newly reengineered business model. The Regional Director, British Columbia will be part of a closely-knit team mandated with repositioning the Region and growing it significantly from both a top line and bottom line perspective.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for leading the overall operating performance of the British Columbia Region
- Championing the development, implementation and maintenance of a regional vision and strategic plan
- Providing leadership to a large regional team with an emphasis on developing and maintaining a corporate culture focused on customer service and business best practice
- Developing, monitoring, and administering the operational programs within the British Columbia Region to ensure efficiency and profitability are achieved and maintained
- Collaborating with the National Sales Director to identify strategic growth opportunities for the region.
- Identifying industry trends and working with the Sales Director and Director of Commercial Strategy and Business Development to develop business case strategies for growth into new areas
- Evaluating regional performance and implementing strategies to improve efficiencies, safety, and quality
- Achieving established KPIs and financial objectives with a focus on account retention and growth
- Executing upon the VHCS Business Plan centered around sales growth, cost management and people management
- Ensuring customer service commitments and standards are upheld across the region
OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND ATTRACTIONS
- Senior leadership role within a market leading organization
- The opportunity to create and drive a corporate vision and strategy, and mobilize a team towards a cultural shift focused on providing solutions orientated customer service
- Recent leadership, organizational and operational changes, will require the Regional Director to effectively lead and navigate the team through the challenges associated with transformational change
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a long term strategic vision for the region
- Provide both operational and sales leadership with a focus on profitability, as well as client growth and retention
- Initiate and champion a collaborative approach to an integrated national business, ensuring synergy across regions
- Drive a renewed corporate culture across the region focused on sales growth, customer service and business best practices
- Effectively manage the region’s operating income
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including 10 years in a management position within a sales and customer service focused environment.
- A proven track record in managing a sizeable profit centre, with direct responsibility for both Operations and Sales. It is envisioned that candidates will have ideally gained their experience in organizations recognized for their rigorous processes and continuous improvement policies
- Experience in establishing and managing individual and team performance metrics
- Knowledge of the western Canadian market, accompanied with solid business relationships, is essential
- A solid track record in leading and mobilizing sizeable teams, including experience in leading cultural change, as well as operational optimization change initiatives
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Comfortable working across an organization, and capable of leading through influence within a matrix structure
- Results-oriented and able to demonstrate an ability to work at all levels throughout the organization in a collaborative and professional manner
- A strategic thinker with the ability to establish clear team direction but also able to balance the need for a hands-on and detailed approach to tactical implementation
- Additional personal characteristics include but are not limited to, strong analytical and negotiation skills, a process driven approach, as well as an ability to multitask
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ACSK-754006 Regional Director, British Columbia- Keurig Canada, BC (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.