Manager, Business Applications & Reporting – YAMAHA
The Manager, Business Applications and Reporting is responsible for performing senior professional level business systems analysis and project management activities that include planning, designing, implementing and maintaining business applications and systems. This role is a key business partner to the other functions within Yamaha Canada who will identify business solutions using technology. In addition, this role will work closely with US counterparts to identify areas of shared need and importantly to identify areas, which are unique to the Yamaha Canada business requirements. This role is also responsible for developing new reporting methodologies.to address key issues in sales, marketing, distribution, dealer relations and customer service. The manager will build a team of business analysts who will support the overall mandate and will execute on strategies developed with other functional areas.
The position will include the following responsibilities
- Assesses dealers and/or business process requirements; analyzes structure and flow of work and data that support needs; evaluates possible solutions and implements and/or recommends solutions that support Yamaha’s mission, values and goals.
- Performs project management and participates on project teams in Canada and the U.S; Responsible for application software implementation and upgrades; determines project scope and staff resources required to complete projects; prepares project work plans and timelines. Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to management. Works closely with technical staff, vendors, and contacts from other institutions to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Works as a business partner, Identifies and creates reports and reporting methodologies, which will enhance business decision making of all the functional areas inside Yamaha Canada.
- Assures technical support problem resolution related to, database management software, operating systems, and/or business application software systems. Performs system administration activities, which includes coordinating and managing the purchasing, installation of software and related application software upgrades.
- Creates and maintains standards, procedures, and documentation related to area of responsibility. Will participate computer audits; create and test disaster recovery processes, ensure a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information.
- Works with Yamaha U.S. IT, implements system changes and administers access to systems-identifying unique Canadian business requirements and information utilizing approved information technology security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Supervises technical/support staff; participates in hiring, evaluating, training, disciplining, and recommending discharge staff as necessary.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization to ensure project success and user needs are identified and met.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, groups, and/or committees to communicate and confer about process analysis of existing procedures and systems, determine cost/benefit and complexities of new processes and projects, prepare for testing, discuss the roll-out of new projects and software upgrades, and/or discuss other applicable issues.
- Researches and recommends required database configurations to ensure optimum performance and capability to meet the business needs Yamaha Canada.
- Prepares project proposals and budgets; performs analysis for new technologies and system enhancements. May define testing and development environment suitable for testing and evaluation of new technologies.
- Participates in recommending budget items; implements and allocates resources following budget approval.
- Provide estimations for time lines, resources and budgets for large implementations.
- Support the development of project plans; responsible for establishing scope documentation, project charters, project status, risk logs and any other project related documentation.
- Meet with and understand the business requirements and the impact on system applications.
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner.
- Providing regular status updates to management on status of projects (+/-).
- Proactively identifies all project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed through the development of appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Investigates, escalates and ensures that all project issues are effectively resolved.
- Create release-planning materials to ensure the applications are deployed in an efficient manner with no production issues.
- Continuously look for improvements to enhance best practices for project management activities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years working at a senior management level with regular exposure to the c-suite.
- Experience leading teams, working with non-IT professional, managing cross functional teams
- Experience in managing relationships across all levels of the organization including at the executive level t
- Experience in defining and implementing business processes and data gathering methodologies in a matrixed environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ANBB-625033 Manager, Business Applications & Reporting – YAMAHA, ON – Toronto and GTA (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.