Manager (Agri/Field) – Confidential Client
Reports to: Western Canadian Manager
Direct Reports: 5 – Maintenance Manager, Development Manager, Harvest Manager (x3)
Indirect Reports: 50
Location: North Alberta
The Manager (Agri/Field) is responsible for driving improvements and efficiency relative to product harvesting procedures and leading preventative maintenance for equipment, roads, and field. While fostering a safety focused culture, the Manager (Agri/Field) will lead, develop, and manage employees and supplier relations for harvest operations ensuring the highest quality yield for their production lines.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Planning and scheduling all field equipment and staff;
- Facilitates team meetings;
- Supports corporate policies and procedures with a focus on safety;
- Develops and opens new field acreage;
- Prepares product for harvest;
- Manages quality test data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Maintains fields to maximize harvest;
- Harvests product to meet annual budget requirements;
- Coordinates hauling and loading of bulk product trucks;
- Loading and hauling of product to the stock piles;
- Ensures the safe operation of tractors, loaders and fork lifts in a safe and competent manner;
- Ensures product quality is within company parameters;
- Completes accurate daily production reports and maintains inventory on stock piles;
- Completes daily fueling and preventative maintenance tasks on equipment;
- Can and will provide support in the shipping department by loading, unloading and storing of raw and finished materials and completion of shipping documents;
- Maintains a professional attitude when interfacing with others; and
- Drives safely and follows all safety rules.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish well maintained operations, from the field to personnel;
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with suppliers;
- Provides plant with the tools and equipment necessary for streamlined production; and
- Ensure a successful harvest.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Journeyman Status, Technical Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction or agriculture;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong people leadership experience with the ability to communicate clear instructions to a diverse group of field labor;
- Familiar with and able to operate a variety of equipment including tractors, fork lifts, loaders and PTO driven equipment;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs., sometimes repetitively;
- Must be able to sit or stand for several hours at a time;
- Able to solve minor equipment maintenance issues while in the field and assist maintenance department with more major issues; and
- Must be able to work seasonal hours and overtime as needed during the production season.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ACPQ-573615 Manager (Agri/Field) – Confidential Client, AB – Athabasca (CRPAPPLY)
ACPQ-573615 Manager (Agri/Field) – Confidential Client, AB – Edmonton and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.