Director of Sales- Direct to Consumer – All Weather Windows
As the largest privately owned window manufacturer in Canada, All Weather Windows (“AWW”) has been in business for over 37 years. Specializing in beautifully-crafted windows and doors, the organization provides energy efficient, sustainable and weather-resistant solutions to Canadian homeowners, builders, dealers and contractors.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies seven years in a row, AWW is an ambassador for the ENERGY STAR® program, earning the award of Manufacturer the Year three times in five years and highlighting its continuing commitment to customer service and sustainability goals.
With two leading-edge manufacturing plants totaling nearly 400,000 square feet in manufacturing space, the organization is able to provide greater flexibility and quick response times to their customer base.
Headquartered in Edmonton, AWW has eight branches and over a thousand dealers nationwide to ensure an easy access to windows and doors as needed.
For further information about AWW, please visit their website at www.allweatherwindows.com.
DIRECTOR OF SALES- DIRECT TO CONSUMER
Reports to: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Direct Reports: 2- Regional Manager, Edmonton; Regional Manager, Vancouver
Indirect Reports: 30
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Director of Sales- Direct to Consumer is responsible for day to day leadership of business sales and operations. This role is focused on sales leadership, strategy, and execution of sales activities in the Direct to Consumer (D2C) channel segment across the business. In this capacity, it is responsible for ensuring all sales and operations activities support and meet company performance objectives and client and consumer expectations while minimizing company risk and maintaining company compliance in health and safety initiatives.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead the short-term and long term channel specific strategic planning process, from development through implementation, ensuring all business plans, growth plans, operating and capital budgets support overall goals of D2C channel;
- Participate with the executive team in the strategic planning and organizational direction setting;
- Partner to establish and oversee all assigned branches sales and operational initiatives to ensure annual business plans are being executed;
- Analyze market conditions, economic factors and competitor movement to effectively position organization to maximize business opportunities;
- Develop high-potential and high-performing staff and implement strategies to become a more competitive function, driving enhanced economic value to the enterprise;
- Collaborate with the executive team to ensure one voice in the D2C channel community optimizing customer engagement and customer experience activities;
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key customers;
- Develop and implement customer feedback systems to ensure AWW is fully aware of customer needs, failures, and satisfaction level;
- Cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with current and potential customers;
- Secure business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations;
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products and programs;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of industry trends on channel’s overall performance;
- Establish standard operating systems across all assigned branch locations;
- Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place to monitor results with a focus of driving continual improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness of key business processes;
- Ensure compliance with all organizational standards of work practice, policies, legal regulations, sub-contractor requirements, and Health & Safety;
- Provide leadership throughout the organization by creating a culture of excitement, dedication and service, in alignment with AWW core values;
- Act as a lead change agent and leader by applying sound change management principles working with the executive and leadership teams;
- Ensure all employees within the assigned division have annual performance targets that support corporate goals and objectives; and
- Manage requirements and workforce planning for all Branch positions.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop and implement a business plan for overall strategy of the D2C channel for western Canada;
- Drive revenue growth and increase market awareness for Vancouver’s business channels- D2C, renovations, and builder/ dealer;
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and sales coaching/ mentorship for the D2C team;
- Successfully manage and ensure consistency of use with the CRM system;
- Standardize sales processes for team and focus efforts on improving working capital (AR/AP and inventory); and
- Drive the importance of monitoring and making improvements to customer experience.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical discipline.
- 10+ years in sales and operations functions with at least 5 years in management and leadership roles;
- Experience in strategic planning and execution;
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial, operational and health & safety regulations;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings; and
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experienced in all aspects of sales management and processes excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis skills;
- Experience in the functions of strategic planning, sales and operations planning, and budgeting and have been involved in creating or evolving these in prior roles;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business;
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies;
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization; and
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
AIAN-376060 Director of Sales- Direct to Consumer – All Weather Windows, AB – Edmonton and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.