Director Corporate Development – Source Energy Services
Source Energy Services (“Source”) is a fully integrated producer, supplier and distributor of high-quality Northern White frac sand. This sand is a preferred product for the oil and gas industry for use in the hydraulic fracturing of oil and natural gas wells. Source primarily sells frac sand, to customers operating in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (“WCSB”) through its strategically located terminal network, which Source believes is the largest of its kind in Canada. Source currently has the capability to produce over three million metric tonnes per year of Northern White frac sand from its Wisconsin mines.Source’s fully integrated logistics platform enables it to transport high volumes of frac sand from Wisconsin to its customers in the WCSB. In 2016, Source sold substantially all its product in-basin and over 50% of its product directly at its customers’ wellsites. Source’s terminal network, along with its focus on logistics and ability to efficiently deliver sand directly to the wellsite, attractively position Source as a leading player in the WCSB with the ability to reliably deliver high volumes of frac sand to its customers in a cost-effective manner.
In addition to its frac sand production and transportation facilities, Source has also developed Sahara, a proprietary wellsite mobile sand storage and handling system. Sahara offers significant competitive advantages over many traditional wellsite storage systems, such as decreased unloading times for trucks delivering proppant to the wellsite, reduced physical footprint, reduced proppant damage and increased ability to store multiple types of proppant. Despite Sahara’s small physical footprint, the system offers a storage capacity of approximately 1,800 metric tonnes, which is greater than that of many competitor systems, and can be loaded significantly faster than pneumatic systems. Additionally, the system is recognized for its ability to reduce silica dust (a significant health concern), reduce noise and reduce truck traffic at the wellsite (a significant safety concern). Source has received positive customer feedback on Sahara and intends to continue to build out its fleet over the coming years to meet anticipated demand. Source has applied for several patents in respect of the Sahara.
For further information about Source Energy Services, please visit their website at http://sourceenergyservices.com/
DIRECT CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Commercial Development
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Commercial Development, the Director of Corporate Development supports the planning, organization, direction, and execution of corporate development activities across the Source Energy Services (“SES”) organization. This Director of Corporate Development will work with the executive leadership team to identify, evaluate and implement corporate development initiatives designed to position SES as the leading provider of client solutions in the oilfield service sector.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Establish, source and maintain a thoughtful and focused pipeline of corporate development initiatives including the exploration of new markets and new products lines that are consistent with the organization’s strategic goals
- Establish or amend the procedures used in the conduct of business and corporate development activities in the Company
- Preparation and review of financial models, due diligence reports and presentation materials for the leadership team and the Board of Directors
- Assessment of business development opportunities by preparing market studies and economic analysis
- Presentation of business development opportunities to the executive leadership team by preparing detailed presentations with appropriate supporting research and analysis
- Communication of the status of various business development initiatives to key SES stakeholders
- Assumption of other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed
OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Opportunity to work with a strong executive leadership team and the Board of Directors in an organization that is well positioned for growth
- Opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of an organization that has recently completed an IPO and that is focused on rapid corporate growth
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment with experienced business professionals
- Opportunity to hone analytical, project development and other commercial skills
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Understanding what is strategically relevant to the organization, identified and building deal flow that is thoughtful and purposeful within the sector and associated sectors
- Identified and brought to the executive team meaningful recommendations that are accretive, fully evaluated and that are consistent with the Company’s strategy focus
- Develop a strong working relationship with the executive leadership team
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Commerce or Engineering
- Post undergraduate professional designation such as an MBA, CFA, CPA or CBV is an asset, but not critical
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience working directly on a variety of Corporate Development and M&A transactions in all stages, ranging from the identification of opportunities to transaction execution
- Prior work experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity or in a senior corporate development role in a related industry
- Experience in managing multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Experience in developing complex financial models in MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to author and present effective presentations in MS Power Point
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Superior analytical skills and critical thinking
- Detail oriented but able to think big picture
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Self-starting team player who can effectively communicate with others members of the SES management team; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Engaged, driven, with a burning desire to make a difference
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25% of the time)
An attractive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
AXAC-100146 Director Corporate Development – Source Energy Services, AB – Calgary and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.