Cost Accountant – Elite Windows Fashions
Located in Concord, Ontario just north of Toronto, Elite Window Fashions™ is a leading Canadian manufacturer of custom window covering products. What began in 1967 as a small vertical blinds store in midtown Toronto has grown over the years expanding nation-wide. Since then Elite has introduced dozens of unique, diverse, fashionable, and high-quality window treatments into Canadians homes and businesses while maintaining the same care and dedication for its customers that has been Elite’s trademark since its beginning 50 years ago.
The successful Cost Accountant will take charge of the entire contract transactional and reporting processes from “cradle to grave”, ensuring that the Company is achieving continued cash flow and maximum profit from the Commercial Contract activity.
- Ability to analyze all contract documents (tender, CCDC etc.) against related quotes accepted to ensure all aspects of the contract agree with the quote.
- Explain terms and conditions to managers and interested parties.
- Opening an accounts receivable account after the credit/collections department approves the required credit limit and terms.
- Ensuring that all contract documents are signed, dated and submitted within the time frame required.
- Maintaining a file system which includes our relevant project documents, i.e. contract. billings, back charges, etc.
- Preparing and issuing all progress billings based on goods shipped and installed while meeting all deadlines/conditions.
- Ensure all chargebacks are properly recorded and processed.
- Ensuring that Contractor receives the required Statutory Declaration, WSIB, Liability certificates etc. as required, along with Health & Safety documentation.
- Prepare and maintain all job status and costing reports.
- Prepare other reports as required.
- Make effective use of Salesforce for documenting client data and interactions.
- Ensuring that customer communications are coordinated with others in the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a collaborative team environment.
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records.
- Periodic accounting related duties.
- Approximately 5 years’ work experience working with large general contractors and end users.
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts.
- Senior level accounting and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and written skills are a must.
- Have used Salesforce or other CRM system in the past.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to discover potential risks to the Company
- High performing and resourceful
- Views document problems as opportunities to improve systems
- Self-directed, able to prioritize on activities that deliver results
- Continuous learner, seeking ways to improve
- Genuine relationship builder
- Competitive salary and typical company benefits
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
APLV-350407 Cost Accountant – Elite Windows Fashions, ON – Toronto and GTA (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.