Building Systems Engineer- Leader in Smart Building Automation and Intelligence
Our client develops innovative, integrated, technology solutions that are tailored to increase the value of, and enable business success for, its clients. Founded in 1997, the organization is a trusted advisor to and long-term partner of leading organizations across North America in diverse industries – real-estate (all categories and classes), government, media and retail, to name a few. By staying at the forefront of technology solutions, utilizing best-in-class support models, and delivering quality services with the highest level of care and support, our client simplifies technology for clients so they can focus on their core business while achieving operational and measurable results.
Built on an Entrepreneurial culture, each employee has the ability to make decisions and act on those decisions. It is a positive culture where new ideas and client engagement are always moving forward. Don’t mistake it, this a challenging environment. Our clients want us to help them understand technology and improve their day-to-day lives. Our teams share in the belief that we do what we say and we deliver on those commitments, something our client’s value as well. We are in it together and share in defining and delivering on priorities. Inspiration, drive, and commitment are the three qualities that we are looking for from our teams.
OUR TECHNOLOGY PARTNER
A leader in data and information driven operational property services, the technology delivers superior data related and technology driven services based on fault detection, optimization and business intelligence that simplifies clients’ operations and enhance their effectiveness across all building sectors and building information systems. Sustainability is a new and immature industry and is missing many systems that other industries use to automate and improve outcomes. Our goal is to accelerate the proliferation of new systems and ideas throughout the property and sustainability industries.
In June 2016, our client and their technology partner signed a long-term, exclusive partnership and collaboration agreement. The two companies have partnered to provide a platform that will service the real-estate industry in Canada and, non–exclusively, the USA and other countries.
They have combined their unique capabilities, intellectual property and expertise to launch an innovative, integrated SaaS platform. By integrating building systems and advanced technologies within real-estate operations, the platform was built to improve financial results, property operations efficiencies, tenant engagement and leverage continued technological innovation for real estate developers, owners and property managers. The business integrated the technology and tools into its existing Smart real estate service and support platform.
- Bring world-class fault detection, optimization and business intelligence to our clients to deliver measurable improvements in operational efficiency and tenant comfort
- Provide engineering and operational support in and to the company’s client base to enable efficient building operations
- Deliver operational monitoring, contractor management, consulting and any other innovative services that are in line with the culture of our clients
- Use data collected from building systems to identify ways to:
- Optimize chiller and boiler plant operations
- Investigate and solve unexpected increases in plant equipment usage
- Investigate and solve unstable equipment operation and faults
- Provide technical advice to clients and team members based on findings
- Liaise with clients and assist with contractor management
- Liaise with site BAS, fire and security technicians to promote data directed maintenance and verify success of interventions
- Provide various other consulting services and/or business development activities
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities for business development and sales to new clients as well as organically within our existing client base
- Direct management of customer accounts, building strong client relationships based on trust and respect
- Apply and support Occupational Health and Safety initiatives
- Apply and support Quality initiatives
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Energy efficiency knowledge
- Basic thermodynamics knowledge
- Engineering, hard science bachelor’s degree OR HVAC controls experience
- Strong interest in innovation
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings
- Clear verbal and written communication; Word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ASCO-158460 Building Systems Engineer- Leader in Smart Building Automation and Intelligence, ON – Toronto and GTA (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.