Assistant Research Manager – R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. is a full-service research organization. Founded in 1985, the Company is one Canada’s largest independently owned and operated research and evaluations firms. R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. has a staff of approximately 70 professional researchers in offices in Victoria, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and Halifax. We have completed hundreds or research and evaluation projects for clients throughout Canada. The company operates 3 call centers including Computer Assisted Telephone/Web/Personal Interview (CATI/CAWI/CAPI) systems; in-house, professional focus group facilities; and state-of-the-art data scanning and analysis software.
The firm is a Gold Seal member with the Marketing Research Intelligence Association (MRIA) and a proud supporter of the Canadian Evaluation Society (CES).
The Edmonton research team is recognized nationally as having strong expertise in program evaluation. Our studies span issue areas such as health, education, child and youth development, criminal justice, employment and financial independence. This position provides the opportunity to manage world-class research, to oversee and develop teams of researchers, and collaborate with others across the country.
For more information please visit our website www.malatest.com
ASSISTANT RESEARCH MANAGER, EDMONTON
Reports to: Vice President, Research
Direct and Indirect Reports: Team size is expected to be 3-8 members and will be project based
Location: Edmonton, AB
The assistant research manager will undertake and oversee high quality research, leading project teams to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. The assistant research manager may also support the Vice President in areas such as staff recruitment, mentorship, and business development.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Providing effective project management, so that research is delivered on-time and on-budget;
- Planning and executing different types of research methods including document and literature reviews, focus groups, case studies, key informant interviews, telephone and online surveys, for example;
- Undertaking and assuring the quality of quantitative and qualitative data analysis from primary and secondary data sources;
- Preparing and reviewing reports that integrate multiple lines of evidence and provide evidence-based conclusions and recommendations on complex issues;
- Ensuring high quality research outcomes that meet contractual obligations, client expectations, and the highest standards of ethical research;
- Preparing and delivering presentations and workshops;
- Leading a project team including mentoring staff and contributing to continuous improvement;
- Providing exemplary representation of the company to clients; and
- Effectively communicating with and supporting the Vice President of Research in all other strategic and operational areas of the business.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s abilities and opportunities. A typical set of success measures would include:
- Successfully delivering research projects on time, on budget and to meet contractual and ethical obligations;
- Demonstrating a range of technical research skills, as well as a commitment to ongoing learning;
- Developing positive working relationships with clients, including positive feedback and professional references; and
- Demonstrating team work in collaborating within the Edmonton office and across the company.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public policy, psychology, education, health research or other field, where qualitative and/or quantitative research was a focus; and
- A minimum of 5-10 years of applied research work experience in a professional, client-focused environment with responsibility for managing projects from inception to completion.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts;
- Project management experience (including working to contract specifications and managing budgets);
- A high degree of technical proficiency in a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with technical applications (MS Office, SPSS, NVIVO, and/or other programs);
- Ability to travel within Canada; and
- As a condition of employment, we require high level integrity for confidential and private or sensitive information. The successful applicant must be able to obtain the appropriate security clearances required with the Industrial Security Directorate Division of Public Works and Government Services.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ARNV-334178 Assistant Research Manager – R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd., AB – Edmonton and Area (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.