Administrative Research Assistant – Optimum Talent Inc.
Optimum Talent enables our clients to achieve success through people. We collaborate with leading organizations to recruit, develop, engage, retain, and transition talent. The result for our clients is a stronger employer brand, and a workforce with the capability and insight to execute their strategy and achieve their business goals.
Our extensive recruitment experience originates from Conroy Ross Partners, who we have a long history of successful partnerships with, and whom we ultimately acquired in 2016. Founded in 1994, Conroy Ross Partners delivered retained search services to clients across Canada, successfully placing over 3,500 candidates and earning a reputation as one of Canada’s leading recruiters.
We offer a full complement of recruiting solutions to find the talent you need for your organization. We recruit executives and professionals, for both permanent and contract positions. Our clients are comprised of publicly traded and privately held companies and represent various industries including, academia, construction, finance, government, health and social institutions, industry associations, not-for-profit, oil & gas, and power generation.
We are a collaborative firm. Every client is a client of our firm and all assignments receive the benefit of the collective experience and resources from all our colleagues.
With origins dating back over 40 years, Optimum Talent has grown to over 200 employees operating in 15 offices from coast to coast. We provide expertise in Executive Search and Recruitment Solutions, Leadership Assessment and Development, and Career Transition and Outplacement; and we have the capability to execute global projects through our strategic partnerships with the Career Star Group and IIC Partners.
At Optimum Talent, we like to think that we’re pretty good people. We have stories about how we’ve demonstrated our integrity, professionalism, honesty, and a lot of the values that other organizations talk about. But when it comes right down to it, what differentiates us is how we engage with our colleagues, clients, candidates, and communities. So we landed on that single core value: Engage. It’s not the word itself that is most important, but rather the descriptor that we put around it: We engage with our colleagues, clients, candidates, and communities to create a lasting and positive impact.
For further information about Optimum Talent, please visit their website at www.conroyross.com and www.OptimumTalent.com
Reports to: Office Managing Partner
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
The Administrative Research Assistant position is an entry level position within our Executive Search practice and will be based out of our Regina office. Reporting to one of the firm’s Managing Partner’s, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as a valued member of a high performance team, providing administrative, research and occasionally analytical support.
This role provides excellent exposure to the recruiting industry. For an individual that demonstrates initiative, team, a solid understanding of our business, and other competencies required to succeed in our organization, career progression to a recruiting position is supported.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
The successful candidate will contribute their strong organizational skills to enable our team to deliver an outstanding experience to our clients and candidates. He/she will apply their exceptional writing and editing skills towards creating client deliverables that may be required throughout the life cycle of an Executive Search engagement. They will interact with other staff, clients, prospective clients, and candidates in a variety of situations, always while managing competing deadlines. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating documents that are “client ready” such as proposals, fee agreements and correspondence
- Editing, proofing and formatting a variety of written correspondence for grammar, style and clarity
- Performing background research for business development and aiding with preparation of client proposals, under the guidance of one of our senior practitioners
- Performing project based research, data compilation and reporting to support the successful completion of projects
- Scheduling appointments and managing other administrative tasks as required
- Managing the logistics for client and internal meetings
Hours for the position will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- To gain recruiting industry experience while working in Canada’s leading retained search and leadership talent management firms
- To contribute to a firm poised for dynamic growth
- To thrive in an entrepreneurial culture that rewards initiative and results
- To serve in an organization that not only supports your giving back to the community, but models and expects it, and
- To join a collegial and supportive work environment
- Office located in Regina
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- A motivated, self-managing team player who takes ownership for the quantity, timeliness and quality of their work
- Preparing visually stunning client deliverables that clearly and concisely communicate their purpose
- Demonstration of service orientation and attention to detail in document preparation
- Calmly managing and prioritizing multiple projects and requests in a deadline drive environment
- Demonstrating outstanding research skills and an ability to quickly comprehend a wide variety of businesses, industries, and roles
- Consistently demonstrating the firm’s core values and a commitment to its future
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University or college diploma/ degree / certificate preferred in Human Resources, Business or Communications
- Previous experience in high level administration and/or customer service preferred
- Strong technology literacy and skills
- Highly developed skills in Microsoft Office 2013, Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Comfortable with Web 0 applications
- Excellent creative writing skills required
- Willingness to learn, experiment and problem solve
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Professional and detail oriented, highly organized with strong administrative skills
- Initiative, coupled with a strong work ethic and a calm, positive attitude
- Outstanding communicator, including superb writing and verbal skills
- Resourceful, tenacious and the ability to think creatively and problem solve
- A high regard and respect for confidentiality
- A commitment to “team”
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications in regards to job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form: http://www.conroyross.com/subscribe/
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
SK56234 Administrative Research Assistant – Optimum Talent Inc., SK – Regina (CRPAPPLY)
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.conroyross.com as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.